Thursday 23 April 2020

Friday Fun Day - ANZAC Day Bingo Board

Hi team, hoping your week has gone well.   I love seeing all the learning you’ve been doing, it makes me miss you even more than I already do! 
Today’s theme is going to be around ANZAC day, which is tomorrow.  There are a whole lot of creative tasks on this BINGO board.  I’m giving you the option to choose the ones that you’re interested in.  
I really like the, 'building a bunker,' activity ... now that would be fun!  Also who doesn't like Anzac biscuits?  You could make the mixture and halve it.  Try adding something to the recipe and create something new, e.g. raisins or cinnamon.  Then you could test it on family members and see what they think. 





Did you work out what I was cooking from the ingredients yesterday?  If you thought it was cinnamon rolls you were correct.  If you want the recipe message me and I’ll send it through.  They were delicious!

Useful Links
Anzac Ted - cute story
Why are there poppies on ANZAC day?
The last post
Story of Joe Herman
In Flanders Fields (words)
In Flanders Fields (read aloud)
Making a wordfind online
Kid friendly recipe - Anzac Biscuits

How to draw a bunch of poppies  (Harder but is step by step)


Gratefulness Bag

Time to add to our gratefulness/memory bag … (like we did last week)

What’s been your favourite memory this week? 
What are you grateful for?
What is something you wish you could have done this week but couldn’t because you’ve had to stay at home?

These are mine…
My family and I normally go to an ANZAC Day service so I wish I could be going to one this on Saturday.  I’m very grateful for all the soldiers who went to war and fought on my behalf.  This week I’ve been doing a lot of garden maintenance around my home, this makes me happy because it all looks so much tidier.  

Write these on a piece of paper and remember to add your symbol to the front so we know it’s yours (mine’s a flower can you remember yours?)

My tree is getting quite full!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Science - Turning Salt Water into Fresh Water

You can see the condensation forming under the plastic wrap.  We investigated how to turn salt water into fresh water as part of our Drains ...