Wednesday 6 May 2020

Shhhh it's a secret!

Hey, hey, hey it’s SPARKS writing day! 

Mother’s Day is this Sunday.  For Sparks writing I’d like you to write the insert for a Mother’s Day card.

You might like to write:
An Acrostic Poem
Write an acrostic poem about Mum or someone else who is important in your life.  Use the first letters of their name and write words or sentences about them.  Here is an example below.

Loving and kind to others
Intelligent and Interesting
Special inside and out
Adventurous and an Angel

Or

Finish off these lines…

Dear Mum, (or Grandma)

I love the way you…
You make me smile when …
If I had a million dollars I’d buy you …
I really love it when we…
I love you more than …
If I could tell you anything it would be …

Love from ________

We will make the card tomorrow!!


Fast Finishers
Dante and Noah are the only children who I have seen quizzes from.  I’d love to see some more so we can offer them to other classes.



Let’s Get Baking
Wouldn’t it be nice to make some baking for your special person? 

Click on the link below. (The one I used for our honey snaps from last week – I saw some great baking from Talia). On it are all sorts of recipes.  This week I’ve added two different types of fudge recipes, Russian Fudge and Chocolate Fudge. If your special person has a sweet tooth one of these recipes would be perfect.

Maybe you could get Dad to help you make these.  Or you could bake with Mum but pretend you’re making it for someone else.  Just a thought … this is an optional activity.  You may have something else in mind that your special person would like more.

Maths Extra:  When you working out your ingredients try and work out how you would double the recipe.  How much of each ingredient would you need?


If you’re feeling crafty you could make a an origami bag to put your baking in.

Origami Boxes
Heart Woven Bags (trickier)
Origami Box (youtube video)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Science - Turning Salt Water into Fresh Water

You can see the condensation forming under the plastic wrap.  We investigated how to turn salt water into fresh water as part of our Drains ...